This blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://orangeriverstudio.com/monksbrew/ and update your bookmarks.

June 14, 2008

Super Cthulhu Crunch Time



I've been away from the blog for a little bit now, as I've been in super crunch mode at work lately. I've been away at meetings all week, and I have a huge grant due tomorrow evening...which means I'm looking at an all nighter on this last night before submission. It got me thinking about what to best name this crunch time, when I came across this little gem on the net called "Cereal Killers", a blog with spoof cereal box artwork. Some great stuff there, including "Hellfire Blazin' Bran", "Sugar Frosted Skulls", "Shredded Feet (with Frosted Toes)", "Rice Kreepies", and of course, the aforementioned "Cthulhu Crunch".


(Honorable mention to "Tinkles" [Who peed in your cereal this morning? Tinkles did!]).

Given that this mad crunch time has been (and will continue to be) an exercise in extreme horror and evil, I believe Super Cthulhu Crunch can be appropriately named the Official Cereal(®) of my grant application week.

I'll be back next week with more appropriate content. Not too long ago I thought I would start a review of different conversation systems employed by various IF pieces (mostly by Emily Short, with a few others like those used by Aaron Reed) to see which ones I thought worked best at accomplishing different things. I started off with Short's "Pytho's Mask", which is a fascinating piece that has a lot to offer in terms of conversation implementation. I think a lot of other game genres can learn from the techniques used in IF games, which is actually one of the reasons I started the Vespers project.

In other news, I go ten days without blogging and my subscriber number (according to Feedburner) has at last, somehow, broken through that magical glass ceiling of 100. Maybe if I put off the next few blogs for a little while longer I can get my subscribership even higher. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's what The Pissing Bandit looks like?

Powered by FeedBurner